Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Studio Snippets

This is not the new "American Dog" character model.

Me and my bag of 401(k) booklets, slogging down various San Fernando Valley hallways...

At Film Roman's King of the Hill, production is moving along at an even clip and work looks to last to the end of the year and beyond.

At Nick, Avatar is near the end of its three-season run. Talked to one of the leads yesterday and he said the show was designed to have a three-season story arc, which is now complete. I speculated that, since a live-action version is in the works and the show still has life in it, they could like always invent a new three season story arc.

At Disney Feature Animation, the American Dog story reels -- unspooled in Burbank and Emeryville, met with the Brain Trusts favor. "The whole picture was up on reels, and the notes were pretty positive," a story artist told me. "The crew worked lots of o.t. getting things up in a few months, and they're pretty satisfied. They know they've got lots of work ahead, but the showings went well."

And The Princess and the Frog and Rapunzel are also well on their way to also being up on story reels.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still hoping Disney can get the ship right side up. Maybe this will be the one?

Anonymous said...

Have they come up with a new name for it yet? I hope it won't be "Hollywood Dog". That is a very, very lame name.

I can't tell you how I dislike "The Princess and the Frog" politically changed title because they were worried about it sounding offensive to the French. I hope they change that one back to "The Frog Princess"... can you imagine if they'd called "The Lion KIng" to "The Lion that was King"???

Anonymous said...

What have you heard about The Princess and the Frog and Rapunzel, Steve. How is Glenn getting along with his new co-director?

Anonymous said...

Why stop there, how about
"The African-American Princess and Lithobates catesbeianus"...

Although, if it's not an american bull frog we're talking about here, then just insert species of the corrrect one in the title....

Rufus.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I was surprised and happy to see the photo I'd taken of the dog here on the blog; thanks for admiring my "American Dog" photo. Just a little reminder that it is copyrighted; it was taken from my website at http://www.addconsults.com/creative/display.php?id=63&board=creative_art, a site dedicated to my work on AD/HD.

Feel free to contact me if there is anything I can help you with. I'm considered a national expert in the field and am the author of the book, "Survival Tips for Women with AD/HD."

In the meantime, I've learned a bit about animation by visiting your interesting blog!

Warm regards,

Terry Matlen, ACSW
www.addconsults.com
www.myADDstore.com

Site Meter