Monday, February 11, 2008

Pixar Triumphs Again

The bay area is on a roll. While Industrial Light and Magic picked up a load of Awards at the Visual Effects Society's clambake at the Kodak Theatere Sunday night, there was also another northern California studio that did okay:

... in a surprising turn, Pixar's RATATOUILLE was right behind with three awards for outstanding supporting visual effects, outstanding animated character (Colette) and outstanding effects in an animated feature for its innovative food, marking the first-time distinction between vfx for live action and animation.

So that's like what? 427 awards in three days?

I'm going way out on a limb here. I'm betting that Ratatouille does really well at the Academy Awards, and the heavily favored other pictures less so.

3 comments:

Floyd Norman said...

Could it be location, location, location?

After a Bay Area visit last month, I found a high level of enthusiasm and energy at our northern neighbor studios. The other visiting artists I was with wanted to quit their Southern California jobs and move north.

Can't say that I blame them.

Anonymous said...

Could you have been making a visit to see about working for Pixar, Floyd? Hmmm.

I think Lasseter could use a guy like you again.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I hear he loves cheerleaders!

Site Meter