Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Simpsons Animation Crew Gets Resucitated

Simpson artists are being rehired, unit by unit, at Film Roman for the Yellow Family's (slightly abbreviated) new season:

"Crews for four episodes are back working, about every two weeks a new group gets hired for a new show. Some people have been out for eight or nine months, what with writers' strike and the voice actors' wildcat strike. I've been lucky. I was only gone for three months ..."

Another item of interest, at least to me: I'm informed The Simpsons is going high def this year.

"The screen ratio is changing to take advantage of the newer LCD screen shape -- a square next to a square. It's not the feature's ratio exactly, but it's wider than the old teevee shape we were doing before, and it's taking a little getting used to. The fielding is different." ...

Elsewhere in the building, crew is back working on a new group of King of the Hill episodes. Nobody told me if the screen ratio is changing for that animated series ...

4 comments:

Larry Levine said...

Sounds like good news on all fronts!!!

Ruben Chavez said...

I'm sure they will be going High Def, we (Foster's) have been on HD for 2 seasons now.

Anonymous said...

I heard KOTH was HD ratio. That they kept the action SD friendly & just extended the BGs - at least art wise, I don't know what they do in editing & the final output.

Larry Levine said...

Does going HD mean The Simpsons will update the opening title animation or crop the existing version?

Site Meter