Thursday, December 31, 2009

2,948th

This marks post number 2,948 around here, and the final missive of '09. (No, I'm not actually keeping count. But the number shows up on the blogger dashboard, so what the hell.)

On behalf of myself and the others who contribute to this thing, I would like to thank you for clicking through and putting your two cents in over the course of the past year ... whether the little copper coins were off-topic or not. Without eyeballs and comments, there is not much of a blog, so we appreciate your patronage ...

I plan to be around awhile yet, doing this into 2010 and beyond (God and the membership willing). The mix will be much as before: reports from studios, snark about the industry, a bit about investing and tucking money into rainy day funds and successfully navigating nutty studio politics. Also labor commentary.

We live in interesting times (as residents of the Middle Kingdom put it), but with luck, 2010 won't be too interesting for you, me and the rest of humanity to bear. And here's wishing ... for all of us ... a healthy and prosperous New Year.

Love and kisses, TAG blog.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find this blog the BEST place to find out what's going on in the industry. And every year, we're graced with the fabulous wit of Steve Hulett, and the Christmas artwork of his father, the great Disney artist, Ralph Hulett.

Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping us up to date and entertained! After a long day in the trenches, I visit most nights to know that I'm not alone and it's not for naught. And I very much appreciate your witty commentary on this crazy biz!

Floyd Norman said...

Thanks, Steve.

I especially enjoy all the insightful commentary by that guy who calls himself, "Anonymous," although I only find myself agreeing with him/her half the time.

rufus said...

"I rant, therefore I am".

Thanks for the blog, I love it!

rufus.

Anonymous said...

Jesus is lord!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this blog. it is the best place to get into arguments about politics. :|

Steve Hulett said...

Politics. It's how you spell "animation."

Anonymous said...

Jesus is not "lord." Maybe to a few weak minded people who don't believe in Democracy or THINKING.

He was a teacher in the desert. That a bunch of whack jobs turned into some puppet for getting money and power.

Anonymous, but sometimes g (when I remember) said...

Congratulations to Anonymous January 01, 2010 11:17:00 AM for properly executing a tongue-in-cheek flame-bait. Your joke was not lost on me.

Others however...

Anyway, I love this blog too! Thanks Steve for running it.

Anonymous said...

Definitely the best animation commentary and watering hole anywhere on the innertubes.

Thanks, Steve!

Anonymous said...

yup. thx for letting the masses vent. there is an overflow this century in this town. you provide a necessary valve. happy new year.

Anonymous said...

To Anonymous 1:05,

The original "whack jobs" were the attendees of the Conference at Nicea in the 3rd century, ordered by the Roman Emperor Constantine. That's where the "Lord" stuff comes from. It was decided by committee.

If that disturbs anyone's faith, just look it up. It's history.

Oh yes, happy new year, everybody!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to thank the authors for this blog. I'm a VFX artist, not an animation artist, but I learn a lot from this blog.

Site Meter