Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Ten Years

Jeff Massie, my now-retired assistant, wrote to tell me that this is the 11th year for TAG blog.

My, how the time sails by.

The whole enterprise began on February 23rd, 2006 the collective brain-wave of President emeritus and myself. Blogs were getting birthed ;in all corners of the internet, and Dr. Koch and I decided to launch yet another. ...

Since the beginning, we've covered stockholder meetings, seminars hosted by Pixar directors and producers, Gina Davis panel discussions, and lots of interviews, both audio and video. ("The Golden Award Interviews", recorded in the 1980s, are now running each week.)

It's been an honor and privilege to host this blog over the last decade, and I hope people have found it worthwhile. It's been enjoyable to do, though as blogger Duncan Black said long ago, "Writing a blog is easy. Writing a blog every day? A wee bit more difficult."



3 comments:

Chris Sobieniak said...

Here's to 10 more years! Hopefully in the meantime, we'll get to have a few more audio/video interviews here!

Steve Hulett said...

We'll see what happens.

Video interviews of old-timers go up Mondays -- at TAG blog and Cartoon Research. Though Harvey Deneroff is doing much of the heavy lifting, the tapes he is using come from the Guild.

Chris Sobieniak said...

I know. I just miss the long-form stuff you did.

Site Meter